Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Turkey Day

Well I skipped the cross race this past Sunday. I actually thought it would be good to practice my mounts and dismounts without so many people watching Saturday. This apparently was not a good decision because the practice irritated my knee causing it to swell and hurt. When I rolled out of bed on Sunday I could barely walk. I figured it probably would not be wise to run and jump again so I skipped it.

I do think I will race this weekend thought. My knee doesn't hurt when I ride, just when I walk or run. Maybe if I don't practice on Saturday I can tough it out Sunday. I suppose it doesn't matter too much because I am quite sure even if my knee is 100% I will get waxed anyway.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! This is like the all time greatest holiday. This is the only day of the year it is acceptable to over eat, nap then watch football. Or watch football, over eat then nap. Either way it is nice to eat and be lazy with your family.

This year Maegan and I are hosting my family and her brother Mike and his wife Jan. It is our first official holiday of hosting dinner. I think despite all of the work involved in cooking dinner for everyone it will be quite fun. I am definitely looking forward to not having to drive somewhere to eat then try to drive home with all of that tryptophan forcing my eyes closed. Once we clean the mess up I can just lounge on the comfy couch.

Anyway I am off to prep some stuff for tomorrow. I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving!

No comments: